Holiday Chocolate Pancakes with BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Canes
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or vanilla extract
- ¾ cups buttermilk (if needed you can replace with milk)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips optional
- ¼ cup BRACH’S® Peppermint Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
Servings: 10 Pancakes
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
These chocolate pancakes take it over-the-top with the addition of crushed candy canes for the holidays.
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined. The batter is thick and lumpy. If desired, add in mini chocolate chips.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and grease lightly with butter or oil.
- Scoop approximately ¼ cup of pancake batter into the griddle. Mixture may be thick, and if so use spoon to help spread the batter out a bit in the pan. Cook until pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip and cook an additional 30-60 seconds. Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, butter, or crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
* A triggered ice cream scoop is perfect for scooping your batter. *Whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted for the all-purpose flour.
Recipe from Love from the Oven